Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Friday Push-Up Challenge

I've been doing a good job of keeping up with my workouts lately, but I feel like I need a fun new challenge to give me motivation.

I was talking with a coworker the other day, and he told me that he runs the same 3 mile loop every day for his workout and he hates every minute of it. How does he do it?!

I am currently training for my first half marathon, so I won't really be switching things up with cardio too much, and I've also been enjoying doing the bodyrock workouts as a nice change from the weightlifting that I have been doing for the past 6 months or so. But...I feel like I need a new goal to work toward!

Enter: the Friday Push-up Challenge!

When I first started lifting weights last summer, I don't think that I could do one full push-up. On Sunday after my run at the gym, on a whim I managed 15 full push-ups in a row.

Like I've said before, I feel like I was driving myself crazy weighing myself on a daily basis, so I've been looking for some alternative metrics that I can use to track my progress. It's pretty neat to think that in the span of a few months I have increased my strength so much.

So how is this going to work?

I'm going to work on incorporating push-ups into my regular workouts a few times a week. Every Friday in March, I'm going to do push-ups first thing in the morning (before I do any other working out) to find out the max that I can do in a row. This will be my score for the week and I will post it on the blog.

The Fridays this month are:

3/4
3/11
3/18
3/25

Feel free to play along!

____________________________________________________________________

Moving on to breakfast! Last night when I made my dessert oatmeal, I made an extra serving of oats nmmand left it in the fridge. This morning I added a chopped apple and cinnamon and then microwaved it for 90 sec. I added a spoonful of sunflower butter, a few chia seeds, and a few chopped pecans on top. I loved the bits of soft/crunchy warm apple throughout. Yum!


I slept in again this morning, so no workout before work. Although, it may have been a blessing in disguise because the high today is 48. Maybe there is a bike ride in my future?

2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely join you with doing a max test every Friday!! I'm on it tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete